The Master of Science program in Applied Technology (MSAT) is designed for people who want to deepen their understanding and use of technology while enhancing their skills and knowledge for improving the interface between technology and humanity in organizational systems.
You may specialize in one of five areas within MSAT:
- Information systems
- Network technology
- IT project management
- Information technology
- Human-computer interaction
Jointly offered by the School for New Learning (SNL) and the College of Computing and Digital Media (CDM)
, this partially-structured program combines advanced technology courses with professional activities, work projects and independent studies.
This program provides you opportunities to:
- Draw on the combined strengths of two of DePaul’s colleges, SNL and CDM
- Customize portions of your study by combining coursework with applied on-the-job learning/projects
- Receive coaching and mentoring from a team of university advisors and professional community members
- Engage in a brief/intensive series of “liberal learning” seminars designed to rekindle and/or deepen your practice in key domains of applied effectiveness (personal, interpersonal, organizational, values and inquiry)
- Enhancing your expertise in applying technology
- Earn an accredited graduate degree with competencies endorsed by DePaul
Newly admitted MSAT students may begin the program any quarter. It is recommended to take Introduction to Applied Technology (2 quarter credit hours) and Finding and Managing Information (2 quarter credit hours) early in the program. These two courses set the foundation for your graduate degree.
To qualify for the MSAT, you must complete 52 quarter credit hours. The program has four components.
- Planning and Integration (2 quarter credit hours)
- Liberal Learning Seminars (18 quarter credit hours)
- Professional Specialization (24 quarter credit hours)
- Culmination (8 quarter credit hours)
The MSAT program includes a graduate certificate in Liberal Learning for Professionals. Learn more