DePaul University SNL > Student Resources > FAQ > Undergrad Students FAQ

Undergrad Students Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I contact if I have questions related to financial aid?

Contact the DePaul Financial aid office at (312) 362-8610 for questions related to Financial Aid. See

How do I get my Campus Connect username and password?

Campus Connect allows you to register for courses, pay tuition and see your grades. Your Campus Connect username and password are mailed in your admission letter. If you have forgotten or lost your Campus Connect username and password, please call 312-362-8765 for assistance.

How do I contact SNL faculty?

You can contact your instructors via email or phone. See faculty listings.

How do I sign up for a Proficiency Exam?

Proficiency Exams are available for L4, L5, and L6 competencies. See proficiency exams information.

How do I register for an ILP?

You can submit an Independent Learning Pursuit (ILP)​ after you have completed LL 250 Foundations of Adult Learning and consulted with your faculty mentor. 

When do I transfer my prior college courses?

Pre-approved courses transfer during LL 103 Independent Learning Seminar. Non-pre-approved courses transfer after LL 250 Foundations of Adult Learning as you document their connection to competency. See Transfer Coursework​ for more information.

Where do I find SNL forms?

On the Forms page under Student Resources.

How do online courses work?

SNL Online courses are open to all SNL students and are offered in the D2L course management system. Each course contains content to read, assignments to complete, and threaded discussions. You can login to the course any day of the week and at any time of the day. All courses require that you regularly participate and complete your assignments according to the course schedule.

When I register for an online course, will I be contacted by my instructor?

Your instructor will contact you via email during the first week of class. We use the email address you mark as "Preferred" under Demographic Information in Campus Connect. Please check this information and make sure it is correct. 

Where can I buy my books?

Books for SNL courses are available at the Loop Campus bookstore at 1 East Jackson Blvd and online at See course syllabi​ for required books.

If you register for classes during the first week of the quarter, you are responsible for ordering your textbooks within 24 hours of registration.

When will my transfer courses show up on Campus Connect?

Non-pre-approved courses from other colleges are eligible to transfer during and after you complete LL 250 Foundations of Adult Learning. Once you complete the Transfer Coursework Assessment Form and Log Sheet on the Forms page, forward it to your Faculty Mentor for review. If approved, Form and Log Sheet will be sent to Teaching, Learning and Assessment Committee (TLAC) for review. Please contact your Faculty Mentor with additional questions.

When am I assigned an advisor?

After admission, an SNL staff advisor will contact you to offer assistance. After registering for LL 250 Foundations of Adult Learning, your instructor for this course will become your faculty mentor for the remainder of the program.

What paperwork do I need to fill out for employer reimbursement?

DePaul offers an Employer Deferral Tuition Plan as a payment option for students who receive tuition reimbursement from employers. See​​

Is tuition different for on-campus and online courses?

Tuition is the same for online and on-campus courses.